What the HACK? - Introduction to Cyber Security
Have you ever wondered what all this discussion about cyber security is about?
Heard about massive hacking attacks and though: Whoa, how could that happen?
Do you want to see the #1 city to visit in 2019?
Have you ever wondered why Denmark is one of the happiest countries in the world?
If the answer to all these questions is "YES!!", then look no further! This course is the one that you should apply for.
We are inviting you to Copenhagen to get a broad introduction into cyber security! How are hackers able to break into our systems? How can we protect ourselves? You will be learning about approaches to prevent cyber attacks from happening and hear first hand experiences from experts in this area.
Apart from learning about all the fascinating things, you will learn and experience Danish "hygge", a magical feeling that has no English translation, get to know more about Vikings, their history and heritage and form memories and friendships that will last a lifetime! Apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mathematics
- Content and topics:
- Cyber Security, Cyber Attacks, Cyber Risk, Risk Management
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will provide participants with a broad overview of the area of cyber security. It will provide an overview of existing methods and tools used by hackers. The value of proper cyber defenses and their construction will be highlighted. The participant is expected to be able to understand and explain the relevant concepts at the end of the course and to develop strategies to tackle different problems. The course will consist of lectures/workshops provided by experts from the cyber security or related fields.
- Examination type:
- Presentation or Written Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions. Creativeness, resourcefulness (and awesomeness :D) are greatly appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cabin, Hostel or University Housing
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them cooked and hot. We will ask the selected participants about any food allergies or special diets prior to the event.
- Public transportation. Paid by the organizers.