Let's viRUS it!
Are you interested in how the molecular world works?
Have you ever dreamt of creating a vaccines?
Do you wanna feel the true Russian spirit?
So do you know what we are gonna do? Let's viRUS it!
This course is an amazing opportunity to dive into microscopic world and to meet cultural capital of mother Russia at the same time!
During the unforgettable ten days in Saint Petersburg you will:
Explore how human organism reacts on viruses attacks on the molecular level
Learn new experimental methods of virology
Improve your laboratory skills
Understand that size matters in the molecular world
Be studying in the one of the best technical universities of Russia
Get inspired by calm and majestic atmosphere in the city of Russian emperors for a long time forward
Cook and eat delicious pelmeni and vareniki
Try to count all the bridges of Northern Venice
Understand why did Pushkin love this city so much
Know what cruiser Aurora have dreamt about
Meet lot of new awesome friends that have common interests in biology
Have plenty of fun
Isn't that exciting? So, what are you waiting for? Apply for this life-changing experience and don't forget to take warm clothes, a lot of positive energy and a good mood!
We already starts counting the days and we just can't wait to meet all of you in April!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy
- Content and topics:
- Principles of virology, antiviral Immunity, experimental methods in virology, basic vaccinology and molecular biotechnology.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to improve your knowledge of virology and molecular biotechnology. Various methods of learning such as lectures, company visits, lab and project work will help you to understand how these tie in with vaccinology.
- Examination type:
- You will work in groups, create a project with a presentation at the end.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We choose participants according to motivational letter and answers to the questions. We expect you to be motivated to learn virology. Interest and some basic knowledge in biology is important, but with a open mind and curiosity you will go far!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included (at least one hot and cooked meal per day)
- Public transportation, on foot