Bridges. Connecting people.
"Everybody wants to find graffiti bridge. Something to believe in, a reason to believe that there’s a heaven above", Prince once sang.
And who doesn’t want to reach the sky? Who doesn’t want to cross on the other side? Do you?
Ah, you definitely do! But how? Maybe a bridge is the key! And for building one you need a solid foundation. You need to understand the structure of a bridge, to study which materials are suitable to use and under which conditions a bridge is built.
And guess what! You will learn all these things, while enjoying the sunset from the bridge of Patras. At the same time, you can make new friends from all over the world, get to know Greek people and their unique spirit and culture, as well as you will have the chance to discover Patra’s beaches, while experiencing how the Greeks have fun!
If you are already intrigued and can't wait to spend 10 unforgettable days in Patras, don't be shy, just apply!
And who knows… maybe after this you will be able to built your own bridge and get to your own personal heaven! All bridges can be crossed so don’t give up by missing the chance.
Bridge the gap and come to Patras. The BEST is yet to come!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- General - Definitions Structural systems Actions & combinations of actions according to Eurocode 1 Concrete Technology for Bridge Construction Bridge deck, piers, abutments, foundations Prefabricated Bridges Seismic isolation Structural assessment & upgrading of existing bridges Maintenance and structural health monitoring Seismic behavior of bridges and new proposals for innovative bridge design LAB demonstrations: Seismic Simulator, Structures Laboratory
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Introduction to the basics of bridges and concrete technology applicable to bridge construction. Comprehension of the advantages and disadvantages of each structural system, structural element section and construction method in order to be achieved the most optimal technical and economic design, taking into consideration the restrictions and the combination of actions which occur in real conditions. Consolidation of knowledge gained through a guided tour at the Rion-Antirion bridge.
- Examination type:
- Presentation on bridge-related topics.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic, Motivational Letter, Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's Dormitories
- Restaurants in the city and homecooked meals by organizers (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Bus, organisers' cars