Guardians of the Industry - vol 4.0
We live in a moment of huge growth, new projects and changes. We live in a world in which ideas can shape and be tested immediately, thanks to augmented reality, 3D printer and simulator.
In the last few centuries we’ve experienced many industrial revolutions, each one characterized by its own kind of energy and innovative technologies: steam machine, assembly line and large scale production, electricity, automation, electronics and informatics. Though there was an improvement in productivity, this fast change led to big issues both in environmental and social level. The awareness of the mistakes made in the past, together with the new instrument that we have developed in the last years, gave us the chance to think about a different system, a new kind of industry more efficient, smart and green: the INDUSTRY 4.0.
During our Course we’ll talk about Big Data, Analytics, Cloud, Internet of Things and all the new technologies that are building the Industry of the future.
How will it change our society?
How is the idea of work evolving?
What kind of issues a change of this importance will bring?
If revolutions, robots and fussels don’t threaten you but intrigue you instead, this Course is made for you!
Together with other 25 students coming from all over Europe, be part of the Guardians of the Industry and you will boost this revolution! You will have enthusiastic lectures and workshops, visit industries, meet company representatives and, at the end of the course, practice what you’ve learnt through a final case study!
But it’s not over yet… You’ll be studying during the day and participate to parties during the night! Prepare your brain and your body for thrilling activities: two weekend trips in the beautiful Alps, visit of the city, sightseeing and MUCH MORE! Hurry up and book your flight to Turin: the first Italian capital, full of elegance and mysteries and land of the greatest wine and chocolate, is waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Overview of Industry 4.0 and the key enabling technologies of it. Students will be introduced to innovative industrial solutions and, together with a company academic partner, will study in deep the future of industrial productive process. Students will also attend lectures offered by professors of Politecnico di Torino, workshops and guided tours to different industries. During the event students will get in touch with various companies operating in different industrial sectors through company presentations and/or a special Networking Session.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- -Get introduced to the fourth revolution of Industry. -Get introduced to the Key Enabling Technologies of Industry 4.0 such as Internet of Things, Cloud, Additive manifacturing and Big Data. -Learn the importance of developing sustainable and find new ways of production. -Be involved in the creation of solutions to existing problems, working proactively in a team.
- Examination type:
- Case Study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, real interest in the subject, and answers to the questions. Studies in a field relevant to the subject of the course are appreciated.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked; all provided by organizers at hostels, canteen, restaurants, etc.
- Public transportation provided by organizers.