CO-HOUSING: Better living, BEST together!
Have you ever asked yourself what is the origin of residential buildings and how are they going to be designed in the future?
From 7th to 15th of March 2018, we offer you the chance to understand the evolution of housing and design a prototype of a community house while enjoying on an exotical island of Gran Canaria, where summer never ends!
Housing has always been one of the main problems for the human being. Aborigines stayed in caves to be dry and warm, and they were all together around a fire. Indians used to make tipis to be saved from the Americans and kings loved to have their own castles to show everybody how powerful they were. Nowadays people live in small houses or in flats with a lot of neighbours living around, and families aren’t together anymore around a fire but in front of the TV.
In this course you will have the opportunity to design a prototype about co-housing, where people from different cultures and societies (students, refugees, old people, families,...) can live together. You will develop this project hand in hand with one of the most experienced professor in this field.
Also you will have the opportunity to discover the unique architecture of Gran Canaria, while you enjoy many days under the hot tropical sun, having fun at the beach, swimming in the sea in March or hiking some volcanoes. But not only this! We will visit places where aborigines used to live in caves, places where people made streets and roads part of their houses, Garden-city… Because Gran Canaria has much more to offer than just sun and beach! :)
Las Palmas is waiting for you! Apply and join us on the experience you will never forget!
- Fields of activity:
- Architecture , Civil Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Architecture and History of the houses and residential buildings; Architectural sites and stiles of Canary Islands, South America and Europe; Construction techniques
- Learning goals and objectives:
- 1.Introduction to the history of houses 2.Overview of the nowadays most popular social residential buildings. 3.Knowledge of Architectural residential building in the world. 4.Culture of Co-Housing 5. How to occupy different spaces in a house 6. Differences between public spaces and private spaces 7.Learning of construction techniques. 8.WS brainstorming new functionalities of the house 9.How to design an architecture project 10.Project presentation
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letters
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day. At least 1 hot
- Public transportation