Global Swarming: A Robotic Revolution
Have you ever wondered how a group of 'nanosatellites' can be more effective than one big satellite? Have you ever heard of Delft's autonomous dragonfly robots (Delfly)? Would you like to know how it's like to interact with robots in Delft's upcoming Robohouse? Together with Delft University of Technology's Robotics Institute, we will explore the power of many, and its many applications on land, under the sea, in the sky and even in space.
Spend time in the beautiful city of Delft, with its stunning canals and town square. You will have the chance to meet one of the most international Local BEST Groups, and celebrate our national liberation day. Meet the secret society of the Aluminati, taste drinks with gold inside, and enjoy the sweet taste of stroopwafels.
Do you think you can be the juice to our Tholen?
Just apply, and find out!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Multimedia and Communication Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Robotics, especially focused on Swarm Robotics over all its different aspects.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Providing general information about Swarm Robots: how they work, which are their components, and how we can use them.
- Examination type:
- Written exam and/or Practical
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to questions, interest in swarm robotics and robotics in general, interest in Delft and the Dutch culture, positive attitude towards the event
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Scouting House
- Three meals per day, of which one is warm.
- Bikes, foot, cars, public transport. Participants have to be able to ride a bike!