The BEST of Quantum Computing with IBM
Quantum computing is a technology that will have a lot of impact in the coming years. If you would like to know what quantum computing is about in a practical way and get to know how to apply this new technology, this is your course!
It is a course aimed at any student from any engineering background with enthusiasm about the topic. No prior knowledge is required more than some basic notions in programming because you will receive an introductory lesson to Python at the beginning of the course.
You will have the chance to work with simulators and Real Quantum Computer from IBM and be introduced to quantum programming. The course will also have focus on quantum computing applications in industry and some implications for cybersecurity.
Lectures and practical sessions will be delivered by professionals from IBM and University Carlos III de Madrid in a collaborative environment in which you will all be able to share your ideas with the other European students.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you to Madrid, show you the city and let you get immersed in Spanish culture. You will make friends from all over Europe while learning together!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Industrial Engineering , Logistics , Mathematics , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Applied Quantum Computing: - Overview of quantum computing fundamentals - Use of fundamental quantum gates - Introduction to quantum programming with Qiskit - Simple applications of some quantum algorithms - Implications for cybersecurity - Applications in industry
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Introduction to quantum computing, work with real IBM quantum computers and explore how quantum computing can be applied for specific problems.
- Examination type:
- Practical work examination in teams, which may include a presentation with your team.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the Motivational Letter and answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, at least one of them is hot.
- Public transportation and on foot.