BioRefinery | My BioChemical Romance
Hey you! Yes, you… What if I told you that for 10 days you could be spending some quality summer time in the best city in the world while learning about emerging technologies? Would you be interested? Hum? Hum? Seems nice, right?
From the 24th of August until the 2nd of September, you will be able to learn what is behind all the processes inside Biorefineries, one of the most important sustainable technologies available, while enjoying our culture and amazing beaches.
You will learn the importance of a Circular Economy to create a fully sustainable society while enjoying the company of other participants from all around Europe.
Plus, you are going to have the best organisers in the world to make these 10 days unforgettable and the happiest days you have ever had.
Seems like a good deal, right? Hop on board our moliceiros and let’s make this event the BEST Course ever, here, in Aveiro.
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology
- Content and topics:
- Our BEST Course will provide students with a global perspective of biomass composition,s eparation processes, biobased chemicals and polymers bioactive compounds, sustainable biobased materials, biofuels, bioenergy and recycling processes.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This BEST Course aims to provide the participants with a global perspective of Biorefinery and Circular Economy concepts, and presentations of key fundaments about biomass composition, separation processes, biobased chemicals and polymers, bioactive compounds, sustainable biobased materials, biofuels, bioenergy, and recycling processes, among others.
- Examination type:
- Written exam/oral presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the motivation letter, topic interest, answers to our questions and overall creativity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot. Home cooked traditional portuguese food.
- Transportation will be guaranteed through the University bus and vans or organiser's cars.