Grasp the future: Hands on with HP!
One of the main purposes of engineering, if not the most important one, is to improve people’s lives. We engineers constantly try to construct better bridges, create new machines that waste less energy or invent computer programs that make communication easier. In order to follow this idea of making this world a better one, next autumn we are going to provide each and everyone of you the opportunity to learn about how engineers can influence the biomedics field while visiting the extraordinary city of Barcelona.
And why Barcelona? Well, apart from Futbol Club Barcelona, we have many other things to offer. We’ll show you not only the typical sites but also the hidden places the locals know which, guess what, happen to be us! You can always come to Barcelona but you won’t have the opportunity to discover it to its fullest. We encourage you to apply and come visit us!
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics
- Content and topics:
- Programming, 3D printing, electronics, mechanics and biomedics.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Improve students skills about electronics, programming and biomedical knowledge.
- Examination type:
- Continuous examination and a final presentation of the project.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on motivation and interest shown for the topic, detailed answers to the 3 questions and overall creativity in the motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel during the course and 'masia' during the weekend trip (catalan name for typical house in the countryside).
- Participants will get 3 meals per day prepared by the organizers. At least one of them will be hot. There will also be coffee breaks between lectures.
- Days in Barcelona: mainly on foot and public transport. Weekend trip: we normally book a bus which takes participants to the weekend trip house and back to Barcelona. The transportation will be free of charge for the participants during the event.