Entrepreneurship: Do you have business plans tonight?
Do you have business plans tonight? Yes? Playing hard to get? Yes? Good!
As a student of technology it is not only important to invent something brilliant, you also have to make it sexy and desirable. And that's what we're going to explore this summer in Brussels. Understanding how you can make your ideas come to live, and become a succesful entrepreneur.
It's a blend of technology mixed with an infusion of business and decorated with the sweetest Brussels has to offer. Are you sure you don't even want to come around for a drink?
I knew you would. We'll make it 2 weeks you'll never forget. And afterwards you'll be bachelors and masters in the subtle art of sexy engineering.
- Content and topics:
- The course will consist out of the following modules: * An introduction to technological entrepreneurship * Understanding industry dynamics * Project assessment tools * Financing start-up and growth * Entrepreneurial marketing * Team aspects of entrepreneurship * Intellectual property rights * The e-ink case * The innovation game * Entrepreneurship and biotechnology * Entrepreneurship and photonics (optional)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal of the course is to give technology students an introduction to business management and to give business students an introduction to technology. The aim is to build a bridge between the worlds of economics and technological research via a combination of lessons, case studies and company visits.
- Examination type:
- Case study or project work
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Team spirit, enthusiasm, some humour and a motivation letter that will persuade us.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Check our Summer Course website for more information about the lodging location.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are arranged. We will let you taste some Belgian specialities, such as chocolates, beers (we have over a 1000 different beers), and some typical dishes.
- Train, tram, metro, bus, cars and just walking. We'll do them all to discover Brussels and Belgium.