iHealth: Be aware of the upcoming technologies in medicine!
All of us have already heard about the developments of technology in medicine and the fusion of many fields of research from medicine, biology and engineering creating biotechnology and biomedical engineering.
But do you know what are the brand new advances in this area are? And how to improve treatments and surgeries?
How can you achieve that? What are the methods for innovation?
And how about the health gadgets?
Discover all this in a place full of History, traditions and innovation, in a country that begins where the sea ends.
Hope to see you next summer.
- Content and topics:
- A brief historical note about the evolution of the engineering in medicine; Bioinformatics, monitoring the health and behaviour of human body, the programming of the devices; Bionics and biomimetics, application of biologic methods and systems found in human body; General instrumentation, steps to create a medical device, applied robotics; Biomechanics, artificial organs and prosthesis; Medical chemistry and administration of drugs; Genetics; Neurosciences; Objectives and methods in biomedical research & development, vision of Universities and companies, consequences in society and pubic health. The learning hours will be divided in lectures, company visits and many case studies.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will know what are the latest achievements in this fields, as well the ways to improve the techniques themselves.
- Examination type:
- Written exam and presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A motivation letter telling us why you are OUR BEST candidate. Desire for crazy moments, endless energy, fun and humour. Taste for sun and salty water!!!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms.
- Three meals a day - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the University Canteen. Some days special service by your hosts.
- Train, Car, Bus, Foot...