Take a minute to look around : from the silicium of your laptop to the glass of windows, you are surrounded by materials that didn't even exist a few years ago. Nowadays, materials are literally designed to fulfil their purpose, using the latest features out of labs. And as they are at the basis of the whole production industry, the fields of application are countless!
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to dive into the world of materials, from lectures by international specialists to visits of European designed laboratories. But Grenoble is more than the BEST place for science...
Are you ready to rock the Alps?
Let's introduce you to the Grenoble way of life : creamy and cheesy Tartiflette, Tarantino's beloved Chartreuse, and cottage parties in the middle of snowy mountains!!
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures by international specialists in the domain of materials. Focus on some applications of intelligent materials. Visits of laboratories, and a debate on the differences of educational systems in engineering.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal of this course is to provide complementary education about intelligent materials and their applications. Participants would also be introduced to the possibility of research activities in our university. Besides, they will have a unique opportunity to taste and appreciate the French culture.
- Examination type:
- A test at the end of the week.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We are waiting for participants who are interested in the topic, and motivated to keep rocking all the week long. As some teachers are coming from other countries especially for the event, you must have interest in (intelligent) material sciences. Still, anybody with some physic background will be able to understand the lectures. Show us your BEST spirit!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitories, a weekend in a cottage.
- French top-of-the-art handmade dishes, and yes there will be cheese.
- Local buses, walking in Grenoble.