Restore.Renew.Revive.Do you care about old buildings?
Do you care about old buildings?
This is a manifesto for buildings, for old, damaged, run-down buildings that once made a splash and are now abandoned or on the way of being demolished!
Angry that nobody believes we can bring them to their former glory ?
Revolted that there is no one to take a course of action?
Alone against the indifference of the world?
Join our cause in rehabilitation and together we will fight for old buildings' rights!
We will find out how to choose the appropriate restoring solution for each type of damage of the building and we will choose the corresponding constructive materials so that the building can be utilized again.
We will get an insight of construction sites!
There we will see the newest technologies used to strengthen the structure without affecting the historical and aesthetical value of the buildings.
It will be a great chance to check out famous restoration works here in Iasi.
Release the rebellion in you!
Fight with us and you will discover the Romanian culture, beautiful city of Iasi and friends from all corners of Europe.
Join our manifesto and see you in Iasi :D
- Fields of activity:
- Civil Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This course aims to introduce the concept,principles,materials used and solutions regarding rehabilitation of buildings.The knowledge of causes and types of degradations is important when deciding even on design and performance of new buildings to properly avoid further damage.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- One will learn to:identify the causes and types of damages developed in building elements;to re-evaluate the site condition of the existing building in need of rehabilitation;to identify and select the intervention measures for cost-efficient rehabilitation.
- Examination type:
- Case Study Presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to our questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory
- Two hot meals (lunch, dinner), breakfast
- Public transportation in Iasi (bus, tram), bus for the trip