Come on baby light my fire, LED all the light bulbs retire!
What are the effects of light on the health of a person? Can we simulate daylight at any given moment? How smart can light get?
These questions and more will be answered in the most extraordinary Summercourse of 2010, organized by Eindhoven.
'In the right light, at the right moment, everything is extraordinary' ~Aaron Rose
Be at the right place, at the right moment, in the right light and find out how extraordinary the REAL city of light is.
See you in Eindhoven
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences
- Content and topics:
- Topics: Physics: can we understand the mystery of light? Light sources: what originates light? Like L.E.D., lasers, sun, lightbulbs. Can they adapt to their environment or the moment of the day? Perception: how does light enhance the performance of Olympic Athletes? Sensing: switching lights on when one enters the room by motion detection, adapting the color of light according to your mood. Health: how does light have an effect on the stress level of people? How does it affect your sleeping patterns? Experiment: walk around in our university light district to see the how light adapts to your movements. Each subject has a lecture part and a workshop part. The student will learn about the physics of light, the light source, the perception of light, sensing of light and the effect of light on health. The student will also participate in experiments with light.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to give the students good knowledge of the treated subjects and experience in lab work. After the course, the student has a better understanding of the possibilities of light technology and perception. Team work will give the student valuable experience in collaboration with international students.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected based on motivation letter and their answer to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student rooms and cottage during weekend.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot meal.
- Bikes and bus/train.