Nature as Muse: innovation to use!
"Your arms would not be able to strech as far as necessary to form an adequate gesture for beauty. So, beauty remains in the impossibilities of the body (You know that, don't you?)." (Blixa Bargeld)
Nature kids! Can you do imitations? Yes? Really? Well, here in Milano we are not talking about policiticians voices or tv comedians lines: we are talking about Nature! And why would we want to imitate Nature? Because its creation are so elegant and functional, carefully honed by centuries and centuries of evolution! Modern byomedical engineering uses Nature as a Muse in order to design innovative and effective solutions to a number of medical problems.
Our nine days course will guide you thorugh inspiring lectures and exciting, hands-on labs to provide you with the tools for the greatest imitation of your life! Let Nature be your Muse and be our companion in this journey towards inspiration, innovation and ultimate beauty! ;)
Oh, so you want more: well, we're Milano, and of course we have more!! Aperitivo on the Navigli, a stroll in the fashion district, an ice-cream under the Duomo... and weekend on the Lakes! The beautiful, beautiful people of LBG Milano are waiting for you! Bag your own personal muse and come have the time of your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures and seminars will be focused on biomaterials used in reparative and regenerative medicine. Theoretical sessions will be related to the basis of materials science and new technologies for the fabrication of new devices and scaffolds. Laboratories will be held in order to get the students in touch with the novel approaches described in the lectures. The didactic part of the course will focus on the following main topics: - introduction to biomaterials - advanced biomaterials (e.g. smart materials) - biomimetic approach - new technologies in regenerative medicine (e.g. biomimetic approach) - investigation and validation of biomaterials
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide a broad view on the topic of biomimetics and its practical applications
- Examination type:
- Practical laboratory and oral presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, balanced gender and nationality ratio
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or university residence
- Canteen and food cooked by the organizires
- Milan pubblic transportation