Mobile Magic – Let the waves do it!
Have you ever thought, while using your favourite toy, about everything you could do with it? Do you want to discover the real heights it could take your laziness and comfort? Are you interested in learning about the job of the busy telecommunication bees? Our lectures, practice classes and company visits will guide you through the world of mobile communications and services. Here's a short summary of the academical part...
- need for communication services in the modern societies
- access to the services everywhere and every time
- mobile communication networks (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS, WIFI) and appropriate terminals
- networks and services management
- economical aspects of it all
- usage of mobile services in Estonia
Did we manage to attract you? Not yet? Well... Come to Tallinn and we'll show U how it works! We'll show U our grandmothers doing banking, shopping and parking, buying tickets, paying bills and checking the weather with their mobile phones. We'll show U a country of communication. We'll show U mobile magic!
Still not convinced? Let's see. Have U ever been to sauna then? Have U ever had a snowball fight with crazy european students or made a snowman or skated... Have U ever enjoyed a hot tea with a zip of "Vana Tallinn" in front of a fireplace after that? Have U heard that we have wild parties, beautiful people, picturesque nature and strong alcohol? And don't worry -- when it's cold -- U just have to hug more;)
We'll show U all THAT -- and mobile magic. It will be crazy, full of new friends, innovative and cool! If only the battery wouldn't die...
- Content and topics:
- - need for communication services in the modern societies - access to the services everywhere and every time - mobile communication networks (GSM/GPRS/EDGE, UMTS, WIFI) and appropriate terminals - networks and services management - economical aspects - usage of mobile services in Estonia
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To offer a brief introduction to the field of mobile communication and services.
- Examination type:
- Little group seminar and presentation
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select participants based on their motivation letters and try to keep diversity between countries. We also plan to have about equal number of girls and boys :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel next to the university.
- Three meals per day: in the university canteen, cafeterias and restaurants in Tallinn and self catering.
- Public transport, taxies, rented buses for excursions etc.