Where am I??? Discover your spatial ID-entity.
The purpose of the workshop seminar is to investigate the relationship between “space” and “identity.” Methodologically, a typical analysis-synthesis process is pursued. Initial observations and commonplace realizations about spatial identity are being traced back to the elements and forces they may be driven by, as deeper relationships and dynamics about spatial identity are revealed.
The subject is not defined from the start, but it is gradually being approached and reshaped. The workshop seminar also touches upon issues of wider architectural interest, also with social, historical, cultural even economic implications. Moreover, the approach is multidimensional, combining text, image (video and photography), graphs, diagrams and explanatory sketches, or any other communicating means chosen by the participants, who will be challenged to edit, adapt and encompass the assorted material into a unified video format for each of the working groups. All the works will be presented and verbally supported in the last day of the seminar. Each of the films will be viewed as an act supporting and documenting the arguments that may be emerged. In such, artistic creation strengthens and completes scientific approach and vice versa.
At the same time you will have the opportunity to enjoy the summer on the island of Crete, go for sightseeing, explore the nightlife,learn traditional dances and practise your skills in cretan chess!
Crete is a place with long history and bright future...so come and explore it by yourself !!! APPLY NOW !!!
- Content and topics:
- Identity: how to dig into commonplace observations and extract deeper threads of meaning, which in some cases dictate and define the identity of space.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To identify the dynamics underlying spatial identity. To present the observations and results of versatile analysis in video format.
- Examination type:
- Presentation and open discussion of the video projects in the last day of the workshop.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interested in the topic of the seminar, having a background in Architecture, art (video/photography)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Universitie's Dormitories
- University's restaurant
- Buses,taxis,organiser's cars!