Transporting: choose your future, choose life
"Transports of mails, transport of human voice or even transport of flickering pictures – in this century as in others our highest accomplishments still have the single aim of bringing men together."
Antoine De Saint-Exupéry.
Without transport networks and systems, connecting people and allowing us to maintain our daily activity, it wouldn’t be possible to travel throughout continents in few hours, travel in Europe, from side to side, by train or car, or even reach the university in 20 minutes from our place. Everyday in our life, some kind of transport is involved. Are you imagining the world paralysed, like viewing a movie in slow motion? Is enough for you? Are you getting the picture? …Press the play button on your remote control fast and end this nightmare!
Our proposal is clear. Obtain wide knowledge about transportation networks and systems in order to realize how greatly vital they are for our lives, and understand their central role in the struggle for sustainable development of nowadays society. We will embrace a broad area of topics, words like urban mobility, low-cost airlines, maritime transport, organisation of logistic networks, green fuels and transports European Transport Policy, as many others will be part of your vocabulary! All this will be provided to you through classes, field trips and case-study based learning. No matter which mean of transportation you choose, just come to Porto and have the BEST time of your life. We give life insurance! You’ll discover how beautiful Porto is, why is Douro (Gold) River called like that, how tasty is Porto wine, the wonderful beaches, surrounded by palm-trees, by the Atlantic Ocean and our fantastic parties! We know you can’t resist this invitation.
See you next September in sunny Porto!
- Content and topics:
- Different kind of transport systems, mobility, logistics, operation research and clean transports.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn the basics about transports systems and the way they should change to ensure sustainable development.
- Examination type:
- Written exam + Engineering Competition.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- 20 students will be selected and we will try to keep the 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as a good nationality diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel or Univerty´s Residence.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the University´s canteen. Traditional portuguese food.
- Public transports like bus, train and metro.