Algorithmtation - From algorithms to implementation & beyond!
Once you apply to this course
your mind'll be totally blown
so take a sit guys,
and do it for your own.
If you're brave enough to come on course with us...
You'll be taught how to use the newest and asskicking algorithms and techniques and how to use them for image treatment. Particularly, you'll got the skill for collecting and processing their information from across the electromagnetic spectrum and enhance resolution beyond optic limits.
But we'll take beyond indeed! You'll be given the most powerful weapon of electronics: implementing complex systems on a single chip, so you can make these algorithm come true. Think theory is enough? Not at all: messing up with design automation software tools is a MUST. Dive into the depths of the most astonishing electronic lab and discover technology from almost outer space. Get ready for X-Rays!
Let us show you how implementation is done, and you'll be ready to use it in any field of computing you've ever dreamt of!
Forget about being all day in a dark tech lab: welcome to the BEST subtropical paradise. Chips and numbers look better under our fresh wind and sunshine! And if you ever get tired be prepared to be revived by our mouthwatering dishes and to be flooded with motivation by joinning our incredible spirit.
Think you've been to a better place? We double dare you to come and prove it.
Don't lose THE chance, implement us in your life!
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- Algorithms and techniques for image processing and compression and Complex System-on-Chip design and implementation.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide participants an introduction to algorithms and techniques for image and video processing and compression. In particular, two different case studies will be discussed: super-resolution techniques and hyperspectral image processing and compression. Understanding of the basic concepts, techniques and tools for designing, verifying and implementing System-on-Chip (SoC) designs using programmable logic. Students will have hands-on experience with Xilinx design automation software tools and will end up implementing a real project on an FPGA development board. In addition, you'll be given a short session about technical writing, how to write for scientific journals, project proposals and technical industry reports. Finally, we will visit IUMA (Institute for Applied Microelectronics) electronic and research labs.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answering the questions and prior knowledge.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day (at least one hot meal is included).
- Public transport and walking.