A Clockwork House
Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?
Don't you think that it's time to get a new way, droog?! We're still living in polluting houses, and there are cities that waste big, big, big amount of energy. Sustainable development and renewable energies are the way!
Isn't your gulliver wondering if it's possible to transform an already built anti-ecological domy in a zero energy building? Don't you want to find out the technologies that can make this possible? Yes?!
Real horrorshow! Then it's time get out from the biblio, take a break from your rabbitting jeenzny and fly to the city of Naples! The amazing city in the south of Italy, sorrounded by the wonderful landscape of the Vesuvius and the islands of Capri and Ischia, not far from the starry city of Pompei. The only place where you can eat the real pizza napoletana, peet a lot of limoncello and discover the hospitality of the Neapolitan people!
Sun and wind are an incredible source of energy there and BEST Naples will show you how to integrate them with the most vanguard domotic systems to make your house intelligent and eco-friendly.
Be part of the change! Apply for the BEST experience of your life! Righty, right?!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will have an overview of the renewable energy and domotic technologies that can be applied to cut down the energy consumption of the buildings. You will visit a lot of companies to see directly the construction methods, and the state of art of these technologies.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- You'll learn the positive and negative aspects of the renewable energy and domotic technologies: limits, costs and reliability of the systems.
- Examination type:
- Miniproject or presentation or written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The selection is based on the motivation letters and the answer to the questions, trying to keep diversity between countries and balance of genders.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel or University dormitory near the University
- Three meals per day, at least one hot meal a day: continental and mediterranean breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pasta everyday: welcome to Italy =) of course all different kinds of pasta
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.