The Next Must, Think Robust!
Have you ever wondered why some systems break, and some don't? Why some processes are fragile and others aren't?
Why you see less Blue Screen of Deaths now than some years ago?
Why we have fewer power outages than back in the days?
How pharmaceuticals can be of better quality every year?
The long answer to these questions might be quite complicated, the short answer is simple - Robust System Design.
Robust Systems are all around us, and to establish them we need to know what makes them robust - and maybe how to break them. This versatile subject is needed for designing systems of the future!
Come to lovely Denmark, where the vikings used to roam, and where now the Danish people roam instead, welcoming visitors from around the world. People leave Denmark amazed by our hospitality and "hygge", and we will make sure you experience this first hand. You will make new international friendships that will last a lifetime, and you will collect memories of an unforgettable summer course and country!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Robust system design and its application in different areas of science.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course is focussed on identifying robustness issues across Engineering disciplines. The lectures will cover general properties of robust systems and how to ensure them, and will discuss robustness issues in systems from many different areas of our daily lives. At the end of the course we expect participants to be able to explain robustness criteria and analyse systems for robustness issues.
- Examination type:
- Poster / Presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter & Answers to the questions asked in the letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals a' day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation, maybe bikes.