Build me up Buttercup!
Hello there mate!
Are you a student?
Are you the last person that leaves from the party?
Do you like to combine studying, working and having fun? (all at once)
Can you step outside your comfort zone? Gain new skills? Tapping into your true potential is no idle endeavor. It demands creativity, dedication, and a whole lot of hustle. Yes, build me up Buttercup!
We provide art and design lovers, architects and everyone in between a way to discover a piece of Romania!
Located in a beautiful place at the heart 7 hills, embedded into an european network of young and creative architects dedicated to driving positive change, you will be filled with all the tools and trimmings needed to shape your ideas and make them happen.
Anyway, we never sit on our bums lazily, you might have realize that from the constant development of little things on the site. However, now we have big news and some serious search goodness to tell you about: we have a course for you! From simple structures to rehabilitation and trends in structural engineering ? all in one awesome summer course!
Get in or you would lose out, just saying!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- 1. Brief introduction to architectural design 2. Principles of architectural concepts 3. Bases of implementing structures 4. Construction and human history 5. Simple structures, typical structures 6. Bases of structural calculus 7. Buildings and natural disasters 8. Trends in structural engineering 9. Methods of expertise/evaluation of the buildings state of degradation 10. Stages involved rehabilitation process 11. Methods of buildings rehabilitation
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main objective is to introduce the audience to the fundamentals of construction from ancient times up to contemporaneity. The evolution of structures is better emphasized through basic knowledge regarding architectural and structural typologies.
- Examination type:
- Project or practical work.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. Basic studies and interest in this fields are advised.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students dormitory.
- 3 meals per day, at least one warm. Traditional Romanian food may be in the menu!
- Transportation will be assured by the organisers (bus) where needed. The trip to the University will be a 5 minute walk from the dorms.