Working on product lines!
A key for entering the market? A weapon of the middle and small enterprises? A demand of the society? A tool for effective administration? In any case quality changes radically the rules of the game. The aim of this SC is to examine the various perspectives of quality, its role in the present and future society and the effect it has on everyday business activities.
At the same time you will have the opportunity to enjoy the summer on the island of Crete, go for sightseeing, explore the nightlife,learn traditional dances and practise your skills in cretan chess!
Crete is a place with long history and bright future...so come and explore it by yourself !!! APPLY NOW !!!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- 1) Production systems control Description: Introduction to the problem of production systems control. Basic concepts and problems. The distinctions between Push/Pull and Make-to-order/Make-to-stock. Popular production control policies: Finite buffer control policy. Base stock control policy. Hedging point control policy. Kanban control policy. CONWIP control policy. Generalized KANBAN control policy. Extended Kanban control policy. Integral control policy. The problem of production systems analysis and design. 2) Product line design Description: Product family engineering can be defined as a method that creates an underlying architecture of an organization's product platform. It provides an architecture that is based on commonality as well as planned variabilities. The various product variants can be derived from the basic product family, which creates the opportunity to reuse and differentiate on products in the family. Product line engineering is a relatively new approach to the creation of new products. It focuses on the process of engineering new products in such a way that it is possible to reuse product components and apply variability with decreased costs and time. Product line engineering is all about reusing components and structures as much as possible. 3) Description:Production Systems >basic concepts >Stock management (needs and uses) >Diverse Policies and aspects >Production Systems Simulation in discrete event systems
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get acquaint with the production of goods and services as per the estimated manufacturing cost and minimum inputs of resources. Moreover, to produce right quality goods and services as per the established standards and specifications.
- Examination type:
- Writing or oral examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, Satisfaction of the prerequisities
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's restaurant (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Public transportation, organisers' cars, on foot