make IT to the Clouds
Have you ever been on cloud nine? Or maybe felt above the clouds or like walking on clouds?
It sounds idyllic and logistically complicated. Why not instead maximise your resources and make IT to the Clouds!
This summer join us in Iasi for an IT experience that will take you beyond the horizon, all the way to the Cloud(s). Be the hero in this incredible journey and discover the romanian engineering that will get the world talking. Cloud Technology is gaining momentum and, its safe to say, is becoming a thing of the future brought in our present.
Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) that can be rapidly provisioned and released with minimal management effort or service provider interaction.
This cloud model is the basis to our academic summer course.
Besides, dont forget about the beautiful country with a lot to offer. It would be a total loss not to explore it.
So grab a pen, get your must go this summer list and make sure you add this course on it!
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- 1.Distributed Systems Architecture 2.Parallel and Distributed Computing 3.Internet and the World Wide Web 4.Web Distributed Systems Design 5.Computational Cloud: characteristics, service models, security 6.Distributed File Systems 7.MapReduce programming model
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The objective of this course is to familiarise the audience with the basics of cloud computing. The students are also expected to achieve a better understanding of some programming concepts and algorithms regarding the main subject.
- Examination type:
- Project or practical work
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions. Basic studies and interest in this fields are required.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories
- 3 meals per day, at least one warm.
- Assured by the organisers (bus)