It's in the WATER, it's where you came from!
How much longer do you think we can exploit fossil fuels and natural gas? How much drilling, burning and polluting could the Earth take?
The time has come for using unconventional, renewable energy sources. The time has come for us to use what our planet is giving generously: the Sun, the water, the wind, the heat.
Water; it gives life, it helps grow forests, it cradles the largest living organisms, it nurtures civilizations for centuries and millennia.
Water has also got the power to light up cities! Hydropower is the only renewable energy source that is in some measure competitive with fossil fuels. Its one of the oldest power sources on the planet, generating power when flowing water spins a wheel or a turbine, a method used by farmers as far back as ancient civilizations for mechanical tasks like grinding grain. Hydropower is a renewable energy source and provides no air pollution or toxic byproducts. It has become the leading source of renewable energy, providing more than 97% of all electricity generated by renewable sources worldwide.
In this course, you will learn about Renewable Energy Systems, focusing more on Hydropower and the investment prospects and challenges for its development.
You will spend 10 unforgettable days in Ajvar land and try the most amazing food on the Balkan! Lets shake you up Macedonian style!
So, don't think twice... just apply and have the BEST summer of your life!
SkopYeah is ready for you... are you ready for us? We dare you!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Civil Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - Renewable Energy Systems - Hydropower types - Sustainable management of water resources - Waste water treatment - Management of hydro energetic systems - Water monitoring
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - Understanding the possibilities of using alternate sources of energy - Gaining deeper knowledge of hydropower - Water management and monitoring - Minimizing the negative effects of hydropower
- Examination type:
- Written exam/case study/presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions, interest in the topic, crazy spirit! C:
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transport