It's your idea make it real!
Innovation is one of the buzz words of the moment. And deservedly so, for without it we would probably still be whiling away our time in caves. Our world literally lives on new ideas. But alas, how many ideas were lost because their inventors were not able to test them? Yet, it could be so easy to get a tangible version of their concept, see if it is feasible and what needs to be adjusted. Maybe you yourself have thought of a great invention but were not able to realise it?
Rest assured, its not too late. Because we want to show you how, even with a limited amount of material and time, you can master this problem. In Graz, you will look at concepts for how to think of and build a functioning prototype for whatever you might need and then put them into practice. Join us for 10 days of creativity, hands-on experience, problem-solving, and a challenge where you will get to apply the skills you have gathered in your studies so far. Work with your team and show us what amazing things you can come up with.
And not just that: together with more than 20 other people from all over Europe you will have a great time in the green heart of Austria. The Alps are waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design
- Content and topics:
- Creativity techniques, practical engineering and prototyping skills, time management, team organisation, business analysis
- Learning goals and objectives:
- *) using your theoretical skills practically *) learn how to work efficiently in groups *) learn how to use creative techniques in order to build a great product with limited time and materials *) you will also gain a lot of social and language skills
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The main criteria for the selection are the motivation letter and the answers to the questions, where we focus on the interest in the topic. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance among the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals a day, at least one of them hot. Cooked and served by our helpful organisers or local restaurants.
- Public transport, walking