How to train your Roller - Coaster?
Do you like having fun?
Would you like to know how the things in an amusement park come to life?
If you do we challenge you to join us in building the most awesome roller-coaster of all times! You will have the chance to learn the technical part and how physics is applied in the constructions that are making our lives more colorful!
Gravity, friction and speed? Mix all that and baaam! Youve got a roller-coaster.
If your imagination is limitless and you are willing to make something original, we expect you in Bucharest, where life is like a ride on a roller-coaster, always in fast-motion and full of surprises.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Graphic Design; Aerodynamics; Mechanics.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- You will learn the process of making a roller-coaster and how to apply theoretical notions of aerodynamics, mechanics and graphic design on a roller-coaster. Throughout the course you will build your own roller-coaster, which we guarantee will be an awesome experience alongside your team, and in the end, after an examination, there will be a contest to see which roller-coaster is the BEST!
- Examination type:
- Written Exam + Contest at the end of the course.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The selection will be based on the motivation letter and also on the answers given to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be hosted in the student dormitory next to the University.
- We will have three meals per day, at least one of them warm.
- Public transportation during the stay in Bucharest and a private bus for the weekend trip.