Lisbon Game Sprint
Get ready to design and develop a Game in 9 days!
Disclaimer: No coding knowledge required.
We will be taking you through a Design Sprint, a state of the art creative process pioneered by Google Ventures and applying it to the particular case of Game Design. You will not be alone on this journey: you will be working in teams, with students from different backgrounds that will bring their own and unique perspectives and, together, create that innovative and intense Game Experience. Short daily lectures will discuss the importance of fundamental concepts of Game Design that will challenge you to look at Games under a different perspective and help you create your own voice in this medium. Last, but not least, you will learn to use technology accessible to everyone to prototype and validate your ideas, create a playable proof of concept, and receive expert feedback from the local Game Industry.
While developing the design for your game in the beautiful city of Lisbon, you will be buffed by our wonderful Mediterranean climate and able to get your stamina back with our traditional dishes and stunning beaches -- all with the BEST spirit! These will be two weeks to remember that may well change your life: you will learn valuable skills to any creative process and, who knows, you may well end up taking the team with you and the idea to market!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Importance of Games and Game Design, Creativity and Game Design Sprint, Player Typologies and Player Experience, Play and Gameplay, Game Theory, Level Design and Dramatic Elements, Playtesting.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide the participants with a better understanding of key components of Game Design while guiding them through a 5-day Game Design Sprint hands-on experience.
- Examination type:
- An examination will occur after each phase (there are 5 different phases) of the Design Sprint. The examination will consist of five oral presentations and a final presentation of a digital game prototype.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection criteria will be based on the interest and knowledge shown on the topic, on Lisbon, on the Portuguese culture, on the originality of the motivation letter and on the answers to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students' dorm rooms.
- Participants will have at least a hot meal a day. All food costs will be covered by our LBG.
- Walking, public transportation and universitys bus.