The Transport Network
Have you ever been stuck in traffic and wondered " Who designs these roads?".
Have you taken a bus at maximum capacity and asked yourself " Why aren't there two more buses to satisfy the demand?".
If yes, BEST Athens has got you covered. If not, maybe now we piqued your interest. During nine beautiful days in gorgeous Athens you will have the opportunity to learn the basic rules of Transportation Planning and get in touch with the tools a Transport Engineer uses when developing transport networks.
But it's not only that. Coming to Greece in Spring is a treat of its own. The weather is sunny and warm (but not too warm), so maybe you will even have the chance to visit one of our many famous beaches. No pinky promises though. Our delicious food (all hail souvlaki), our never ending nights and the beautiful city of Athens are also part of the schedule, so don't waste your chance.
An amazing group of people is waiting for you!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Civil Engineering , Mathematics , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Participants will learn the process of Transportation forecasting and every step of it (trip generation, trip distribution,mode choice and route assignment) in order to design their own transportation/flow network.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will be introduced to the problems and activities related to Transportation Planning. By the end of the Course they will be able to have a better understanding of what is Transportation Planning and the capabilities of using relevant models for that purpose. Using travel demand models, they will be able to estimate the needs a city may have for infrastructure such as roads, bus lines etc. Participants will become familiar with the 4 step model and other algorithms used in Transportation Planning.
- Examination type:
- Written Exam or Case Study.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter, answers to the questions. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or University dorms.
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot. Potable water will be always provided for free.
- Public Transport, walking.