Kevin the biomechanist, the cyborg of tomorrow !
The human body is waiting for you to improve it !
Discover with us the technologies and techniques that helps understanding, supporting and even improving the human body ! From biomechanics and understanding the mechanics of bones to complex body imaging using high-technologies. We will also see about tissue engineering, human movement analysis, modeling of flapping movement and we will have visits to high-tech biomedical companies, leaders in innovative devices and techniques to treat diseases.
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Participants will attend lectures about a very large kind topics related to biomedical engineering such as biomechanics, modeling of human movement, tissue engineering, medical imaging, biophysic and biomimetism. There will aslo be visits of companies that are leaders in innovative technologies to treat diseases or create medical devices.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal is to give participants a large view of all the possibilities offered by biomedical engineering and the possibilities of work for engineers in domain such as medical devices, medical imaging or biomimetism in design conception or R&D. Also to present them the role engineers play to undertsand, support and even improve the human body in an applied perspective.
- Examination type:
- Written or Oral Exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be selected on their motivation letter and their answers to the three questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will sleep in the dorms of the university. There is one bed per room, two rooms share one shower in order to maintain privacy and intimity of each room. There is no limitation on hot water used in shower.
- Organisers will provide as diverse food as possible for breakfast : bread, ham, cheese, cereals, jam, fresh vegetables & fruits, milk, juices, etc... Lunch will mainly be based of sandwiches but sometimes it will aslo be hot meals. Dinner will always be hot meal. Coffee break will be given during lectures.
- Use of car, train, bus, feet, all provided for free by organisers