Rhythm of the algorithm
The course will cover basic principles of optimization focusing on methodologies and algorithms that have recently found fruitful applications in data science and related disciplines, including machine learning, deep learning, soft computing and other various facets of computational intelligence.
Students will gain hands-on experience by learning to implement those methods in Python programming language, which has become one of the de facto standards in machine learning and data science communities. Students will first learn how to implement learning methods directly, relying only on Numpy library. Towards the end of the course, they will learn how to integrate with Google’s TensorFlow framework.
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- -Basic principles of optimization focusing on methodologies and algorithms -Basic principles of optimization and data science -Learn to implement methods in Python programming language
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal of the course is to equip students with basic, but fundamental knowledge on basic principles of optimization and data science, and to enable them to individually research more advanced topics with ease. Students are expected to gain hands-on experience regarding application of various optimization methods, and tradeoffs imposed by each one of them.
- Examination type:
- Working on mini project in Python programming language at the end of course.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select participants based on their motivation letters and answers to the questions. Also, we keep diversity between countries and genders in mind.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals per day, one of them cooked, provided by organizers.
- Taxi, bus, train, feet, provided by organizers.