Chronicles of Energy: The Oil, The Wind and The Sun
Have you ever been amazed by the way people are using oil, gas, sun or wind to get energy? Have you wondered what is the magic behind mesmerizing solar panels and windmills? Ever wonder where the necktie was invited? If the answer to any of those questions is yes, then let me hear a loud "Hello Zagreb!!", because it might just be you who gets the chance to spend 11 unforgettable days in beautiful Croatia!
During this course, you will get the chance to:
experience rich Croatian culture, visit the country of 8 national parks, 11 nature parks, and 2 nature reserves, be in the country where Tesla was born and the pen was invented. Also, at the same time, you will learn about a hot topic everyone is talking about - energy sources! After 11 days you'll know more about energy than an average Croatian about football.
So, don't be shy, just apply!
LBG Zagreb is waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Power Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Chemistry and manufacturing of oil and natural gases and comparing the usage of renewable and non-renewable sources of energy.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To provide knowledge about oil, natural gases and renewable types of energy, differences among them, production of and chemistry of oil and usage of both types of energy in everyday life.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Questions and motivational letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot and cooked.
- Public transportation and walking.