Energy and Environment
You want to learn more about the “inconvenient truth” as mentioned by AlGore!? So, join us on the way to a better future and clean energy to save our planet :)
Get known to the green beautiful nature and historic buildings of the “Florence on the Elbe” Dresden, while studying and discussing about the economic and technical aspects of energy and sustainability! Besides lectures and practical workshops (held by our brilliant and international researcher and professors of the University of Technology Dresden), we will be visiting energy related companies and power plants (e.g. a research nuclear reactor and a solar company)!
We are also happy to welcome you to Dresden for parties, barbecues and lots of energetic fun!
Come to Dresden and experience 2 weeks full of energy, full of interesting people, full of BEST!
- Content and topics:
- Get known to the contemporary developments in energy and environment with a focus on “dirty” to “clean” energy as well as to the newest methods and technologies to improve the efficiency of energy production!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The goal of the course is to develop a broader and a deeper understanding of the economic and technical issues of energy.
- Examination type:
- The course will have an examination in form of written and/or oral presentations of a project work you do on one topic during the two weeks. Much of the examination will be based on group work but each member of the group should be able to explain the solution.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and academic background
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals a day, of which at least one will be warm
- Public transportation (including buses, trams and trains); for longer trips: coach transportation