European Week 2009 : Technological BOOM due to alternative energies : Maybe tomorrow, but how?
Have you ever imagined a world powered by alternative energies?
Which technologies are about to emerge? What changes will happen in your everyday life?
During the European Week 2009, you will explore what the future has in store for us. Different future prospects will be discussed with experts and professionals from international companies.
But the European WEEk is also about enjoying the present!! Get ready to spend the BEST time of your life!! Amazing parties, sightseeing (Eiffel tower, Versailles,etc...) and many other things are on the agenda of this crazy week of Paris!
- Content and topics:
- The past few decades have been quiet on the front of energy. Coal has been cheap. Natural gas has been cheap. The 1970s aside, oil has been cheap. In the space of a couple of years, all that has changed. That has opened up a capacity gap and an opportunity for alternative energy. This renewed interest in energy is bringing forth a raft of ideas, some bright. Since there are lots of terawatts to play for and lots of money to be made, a wide range of new technologies are expected to emerge.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To think about new issues about energy needs, and their impact both on technological innovation and on engineering.
- Examination type:
- Written exam at the end of the week.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In the Supelec students' flats
- Typical french food, including cheese and wine. Everything will be cooked by us for breakfast and diner, and by the school's restaurant for lunch.
- Bus and train to tour the region. Subway will be used inside Paris, and to go to Supélec.