Digital Photography - moments in...um.. infrared?
It has curves, corners, a button and an optical eye. And no, it's not your perfect date! It's a box with the ability to catch and store your moments in time. It's a digital camera.
You'll be given the chance to learn about optics, sensors, color analysis used in a camera. Then you will have the opportunity to make use of your knowledge in practical digital photography. Infrared to high speed, enjoy your camera!
Don't miss your chance to relax in a hot sauna, swim in the cold water, taste the Swedish culture and make new friends. Experience the time of your life in beautiful Stockholm.
See you in June!
- Content and topics:
Lectures covering Photographic optics, photometry, sensors for digital photography,quality criteria in digital photography, color and infrared photography.
Practical digital photography, computer processing and printouts.
Elective (one per student):
Evaluation of image quality
Sampling and color analysis
Infrared and high speed photography
- Learning goals and objectives:
The purpose of the course is to give the student
* Knowledge of the technology behind digital photography
* Quantitative criteria for assessing camera performance
* Familiarity with the use of digital cameras
- Examination type:
Oral presentations of elective lab exercises to the other students.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, people interested in having a great time experiencing Stockholm.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Residence or Hostel.
- University restaurants, BESTies cook.
- Public transport