Show us what you're made of: Advanced Materials
Have you ever wondered what your future will bring? What it will look like? How it will feel?
Coming to our event will give you an overview of what is happening in today's world of materials. The use of traditional materials for new purposes, as well as solving old problems with newly developed products.
In this course you'll find out that the glass you drink out of can also support a building, the textile you wear might well be intelligent and the wood you burn can serve much higher purposes.
During this time of the year, you will see Ghent in its most colourful, lively and dynamic way as there is a festival held in the city centre. Streets filled with celebrating people, music everywhere and different cultures meeting eachother.
There is no better way to get to know Ghent and to show us what you are made of!
Sounds interesting? Don't hesitate and apply!
- Content and topics:
- Biomedical appliences of Polymers, Composites, Moderne Developement in Steel, Ceramic Materials, Engineered Wood products, Glass, Shape Memory Alloys and Intelligent Textiles.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Familiarising the participants with modern developments in the field of Materials science and Engineering.
- Examination type:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Student of Engineering with an interest in advanced materials
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Week 1: Youth Hostel Week 2: Hiker cabines
- Student restaurants and home-cooked meals
- Busses and bikes