Vibrations and excited bodies
Everywhere around, you can find vibrating structures. In airplanes, buildings (you probably heard about Tacoma bridge, don't you?) and many others. Lectures during this event will help you understand them better... The course will mainly focus on measuring and analyzing vibrations
We will also offer you other ways to vibrate! Discover Belgium, Liege and others, like Brussels, vibrating heart of Europe. You'll have the chance to taste our numerous beers, cheeses and chocolates. And of course, you will enjoy parties in Liege! Move your body! Make it vibrate
- Content and topics:
- The course will describe all the steps involved in planning, executing, interpreting and applying the results from vibration testing. In the first part, a brief overview of the sensors available for vibration measurements together with the different means of exciting the structure will be made. In the second part, the focus will be on linear and nonlinear system identification. Signal processing tools devoted to detection, characterisation and parameter estimation will be introduced. Several approaches to modal parameter estimation will be described and real-life application examples will be illustrated.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to perform a review of vibration testing and system identification in structural dynamics.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- - motivation letter - equilibrium in participants' origin
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University residence
- University canteen. Organisers will also show their cooking talents.
- Mainly walking, bus and train.