Space technology - The truth is out there...
Are you one of the persons that look up in the sky and wonder about what is out there? We will bring you closer to the stars! Learn about the northern light and take part of the Swedish space technology research. The truth is out there…
Just as important as the academics is all the activities the rest of the days and nights. In this student town (highest student density in Sweden)there will be a very popular student integrational program for the fresh-men going on during the course meaning that we can easily integrate with all happy new swedish students!
We'll organize a week-end trip to a cozy cottage "in the swedish wild" just by a lake, nice field for sports as well as a sauna!
In Uppsala we'll visit medeival sites, the famous cathedral, important student sites and experince our sympathetic atmosphere.
Different party-events are promised in the "hot" (or at least light) swedish summer nights!
- Content and topics:
- Uppsala University and Ångströmlaboratory has lot of research about space technology with experience from building satellites and examine the secret of northern lights. The course will be quite practical and ending with a rocket launching!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Understanding the essential systems onboard a spacecraft and how they interact. Assemble and launch a small rocket. Design a scientific spacecraft mission to planet Mars.
- Examination type:
- Participation in practical and numerical work. Being present at most lectures. Participation in presentations and discussions of results from practical and numerical work.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Fun people who are interested in the topic of the course.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student accommodation in small groups...or similar.
- Traditional Swedish, big breakfast. Warm, lighter lunch at 12.00 and hot dinner in the evening.
- Biking, as a traditional Uppsala-student ;) Not long and not heavy. Bus when necessary.