My name is Speed, sustainable Speed!
The aim of this course is to introduce European students the importance of the transport world, in terms of speed and sustainability. Being in a world where borders fall faster and faster, we all are conscious that travel is a cornerstone in many areas.
We want to provide some general and comprehensive idea in this field, through lessons with teachers, Company visits and a short Engineering Competition.
And above all we want to stimulate interest and curiosity about this topic. We will compare the economic costs and time of the various means of transport. Results and comments will be included in a report.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Speed and Sustainability.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The general goal is to introduce the problems of environmental pollution due to transportation and on the other side of the equation, to weigh the time savings due to speed.
- Examination type:
- Group work with final presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University canteen
- sustainable public trasportation