Think 3D, Print 3D!
BEST Rome offers you a unique opportunity to learn about the technology of the future: 3D printers!
Learn how such technology works and actually build an open source 3D printer that...prints itself!
The aim of this course is to lead European students deeply into the world of 3D printing, in both theoretical and practical way.
Participants will be able to feel and watch different "open hardware" devices and practically assemble, calibrate and give life to a 3D printer.
They will be introduced to the fully open software chain, learning how to create a 3D model of a real object trough 3D scanned surfaces, and printing it.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Naval Architecture & Engineering
- Content and topics:
- 3D printing and 3D modelling.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students are expected to learn how to create a 3D model, how to assemble and program a 3D printer.
- Examination type:
- Group work with final presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter, prior knowledge and exams relevant to the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University canteen
- Public transportation