10^-9 Zoom it! Feel it!
Have you ever felt like Gulliver in the land of Lilliput?
Join us in "10^-9 Zoom it! Feel it!" and you will get a chance to feel like that for the whole 8 days!
During the last fifty years nanotechnologies have become a very important part of science in many areas. During this BEST time in Kaunas you will find out how these magic nano parts have improved our daily lives already and what amazing achievements we can expect in the future.
Dive into the land of 10^-9 and you will learn:
*How nanotechnologies are related to your suncream
*Why your sausages still look good after staying in the fridge for a month
*Why "iPod Nano" is called "iPod Nano"
*Why a lotus flower is a good example of nanotechnologies
*How nanotechnologies can help to save rain forests
And many many MANY other things!
Do not miss the chance to try Lithuanian "cepelinas" and taste our perfect beer; be ready to be drowned in real LBG Kaunas BEST spirit - APPLY, and you will not regret!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Computer Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Nanotechnology and its application in different areas of science.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course will be focused on getting to know more about the impact of modern nanotechnologies. Participants will be presented with the main areas of research in nanotechnologies and also with the areas of our daily lives where nanotechnologies are already successfully applied. At the end of the course we expect participants to fully understand the basics of this part of science and be able to comprehend its advantages and disadvantages.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, interest in topic and creativity - show us what you got! :)
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student hostel
- University canteen/Food made by organisers. Three meals per day, at least one hot
- Public transport, walking