From Grape to Great
What do you think about spending two weeks learning how wine is produced?
Imagine tasting different types of wine and even trying to make some in a regular school laboratory. Imagine visiting the Douro, one of the most beautiful regions of Portugal and having field experiences on the wine making process. Imagine 12 days full of awesomeness with the most amazing people you can think of!
Don't miss it!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering , Industrial Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Wine and climate Fermentation Bio-reactors Toxines and no wastes Information systems and wine tourism
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Realizing the impact of wine production in the Portuguese culture and traditions. Learning the chemestry involved in the wine making process (fermentation, quality control, etc) Awareness on climate and soil impact on the quality of the wine.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation about a specific area of enology and/or a written test.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letters and answers to the questions will be the main criteria taking into account gender balance and country diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel or University's Residence; possibly sleeping in tents/gym at the weekend trips. Important to bring sleeping bag.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm, will be provided in the university canteen, restaurants in Porto or by self-catering.
- Bus, train, metro.