Tell me how you move, I'll tell you what to build!
Have you always wondered what your tennis racket or your golf stick is made from? How a bicycle or a badminton racket is build? Which criteria determine their design?
There is only ONE answer!
Join us here for the course: "Tell me how you move, I'll tell you what to build!"
This year's crazy course will be all about where, what and how are sports materials made of. We'll go from the theory behind it all the way to the laboratories with a very kind & proactive teacher!
Find the material
> Process it the way you want
> > Dimension it
> > > Test it in laboratories
So, if you are ready to:
* Find out how objects around you are created
* Taste the best specials beers in the world. By the way, did you know that there are more than 1300 different beers in Belgium?
* Visit the capital of Europe!
* Spend (for sure) the craziest week of your summer holiday in Belgium. Yes, we might be a small country but a MIGHTY one. Be ready for the BEST fries ever, the craziest parties you'd normally only heard about, the manneken pis (google it you will see :-)
Then you have no choice: APPLY APPLY APPLY :)
We want YOU to take part in this amazing Summer Course 2013 in Louvain la Neuve. For sure you will not regret it!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology
- Content and topics:
- The event will be composed mainly of 2 big part. An academic part about material composite. This part will be as interesting and as interactive as possible. The second part is visits of cities but also leisure and surprise activities. Of course, you do not have to forget the unforgettable party that we will organize for you!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students will have a general overview of the main fields of material. The course will be divided in 3 main parts: the selection of the material, the process of it and finally the sizing. This will include a visit of the laboratory and demonstrations.
- Examination type:
- It will be, most probably, an oral presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We're looking for outgoing students who want to meet new people, discover Belgium and student folkore. Show us you like & know something about the topic, as well that you are fun and LOVING. Make sure your motivation letter is FUN and CREATIVE!!! Give us a hard time choosing participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Comfortable student dormitory
- Delicious home-made food 3 times/day
- We will be mainly walking but we we'll use as well the train, the bus and the car.