LEGO Robotics to Conquer the World
Have you got this genius plan to conquer the world, while sitting in your armchair, controlling your army of superb killer robots? Is your plan bulletproof but you only lack of the knowledge to program them?
Stay tuned; on this Summer Course you will learn to program a LEGO Mindstorm robot, and you will finally be able to execute your evil plan.
In this course we focus on different fields within robotics, and apply the newly gained knowledge on a LEGO Mindstorm robot, to autonomously solve a given task.
Else there will be rich opportunities to explore the magnificent city of Aalborg, and on the weekend trip you will get the opportunity to experience the beautiful country of Denmark.
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics
- Content and topics:
- We will introduce to different topics and areas within the field of robotics, e.g. Robot vision, motion planning and application in the industry. Throughout the summer course you will get an insight to problem based learning known as the Aalborg model. The project is based on a LEGO Mindstorm robot, programmed in the programming language Java.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Gain a basic knowledge of the different topics and the difficulties within the field of robotics.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of the project.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to questions, and interest in topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Rooms or dormitory
- Three meals a day, at least one hot meal per day.
- Bus and walking