Want it! Dream it! Create it! You can do it!
Have you ever imagined a world where you could text message your own house to get to know if there is any food left in the fridge? Or if you could check on your mobile phone to know if there is an empty parking lot for your car in a specific crowded street? Did you ever thought of any groundbreaking idea you would like to work on?
If so, this summer we have the perfect challenge for you!
Throughout history, great ideas have been developed by specialists and laboratories... But now, there is a revolution going on! Internet has become the biggest venue of freely sharing ideas in which community celebrates learning day after day. Economic recession, technological progress, reduced costs in electronics manufacturing refocused people on repairing and purposing their own gadgets. This is what ?Do It Yourself Engineering? is all about!
How would it be living in a city where everything is connected and all sort of information is easily within your reach? In gathering the newest technology available together, how Smart can a City be?
If you got the answers, get ready to enjoy an amazing experience! There is no better way to spend these 14 days of summer than in the beautiful city of Lisbon with our wonderful Mediterranean climate and traditional dishes, stunning beaches and all this with the BEST companionship!
Don't ask what your city can do for you, ask what YOU can do for your city instead!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Do It Yourself Engineering, Smart Cities, Arduino, Sensors, Digital Arts, Robotics, Internet of Things, Smart Grids, Digital modeling and fabrication.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Basic knowledge of the topic and applying these concepts to real problems.
- Examination type:
- Final presentation or a written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection criteria will be based on the interest shown on the topic, on Lisbon and its culture and on the originality of the motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student's dormitory
- Warm lunch and dinner provided by the university canteen during the weekdays and cooked by the organizers otherwise. Breakfast and coffee breaks provided by the organizers.
- Walking, public transportation and university bus.