THINK GREEN! Look at the future of green & sustainable energy and chemistry.
Do you know how your life depends on energy and chemistry?
Are you prepared to be part of the big change taking place in energy and chemistry and how they are reshaping the future for a green & sustainable society? Do you have the dream to develop artificial leaves?
Come to Messina, the city lying on the Strait of Messina that Goethe described as "the land of lemons in flower where the golden oranges glow among the dark leaves".
We will introduce you to the concepts and methods of green and sustainable energy and chemistry, the new energy vectors (from H2 to CO2 conversion), the advances in solar cells and devices, the last developments in artificial leaves, and the new possibilities offered by bio-refineries and bio-economy, with also visits to industrial production sites and advanced laboratories of technologies for energy.
Now that is your turn to THINK GREEN!
Along with the educational issues, you will also have the possibility to spend some time in an holiday site where white sandy beaches and blue crystalline seas have nothing to envy to Malibu beaches and where also you will be asked to get familiar with young local habits: many sun bathing and wonderful swims during the day and wonderful swims again wormed up by bonfire and music during the night!
..Don't you like the Sicilian heat especially when too close to the sea?! Don't worry guys!
We can satisfy everyone's like: you will be taken at about two thousand meters above sea level enjoying some breath-taking landscapes..
..Haven't we met your wishes yet?!? No problem!
How to resist to the irreplaceable Sicilian dishes? There is no need to add anything else.
BE READY, THE HOTTEST SUMMER OF YOUR LIFE IS AT THE DOOR! Are you brave enough?
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Materials Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will discover all the secrets about the methods and concepts of green and sustainable energy and chemistry, the new energy vectors, solar cells and devices and biorefineries and bio-economy.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course will introduce to the methods and concepts of green and sustainable energy and chemistry, evidencing also the trends in technologies and materials for energy and industrial chemical processes to develop a new sustainable future and society.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected by their interest about the topic of the course and their motivation.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory with single rooms, all equipped with air conditioning, fridge and bathroom.
- University canteen and provided by organisers. Three meals, at least one hot meal a day.
- Pubblic transport and private cars, according to the needs.