Oh My Wood!
Yes, you've guessed it! Our course is going to be about wood.
As most of us are tired of dull and excruciatingly long lectures, we've decided to do something different this summer. We're going to give you a wonderful opportunity to learn by doing something practical. There are many things you can do with wood: smell it, feel it, test how hard it is... After you learn about it's qualities, you can put the knowledge into practice. By the end of the course you will have a self-made wooden toy to bring home, not to mention tons of know-how and new experiences.
You're already excited, right? Good, because we most definitely are. More than half of Estonia is covered with forest and we can't wait to show you why it's so great.
Not to forget, our course isn't going to be only about learning. We already have all the pubs and clubs of Tallinn and an amazing social program waiting for you. (Our feet feel like dancing just by thinking about it)
To conclude, if you want to be part of our sexy course, its fun academic and social program, you just have to send us your application. You might as well go and start writing right away.
- Fields of activity:
- Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Get to know the basics of wood and putting that knowledge into practice.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learning about different wood types, their textures, scents and wood processing technologies. Participants have to put their new knowledge into practice - each participant will have a little selfmade wooden souvenir by the end of the course. Also, during company visits participants are going to see how different wooden products are actually made- from logs to the final products.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select 24 participants based on their motivation letters and answers to questions. Be creative and show your interest! We try to keep diversity between countries and keep genders balanced.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel in the city, cottage at the weekend
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm, will be provided in the university canteen, restaurants in Tallinn or by self-catering.
- Public transportation, taxis, hovercraft, rented buses, bicycles.