IT CAME FROM WITHIN! -An Introduction to Medical Image Analysis
Are you amazed by how fast your brand new phone or computer suddenly seems horribly old and slow.
Did you know that the same can be said about 3D medical scanners?
Each year new and better scanners are made and with them we can see more and more details of our complex and fascinating anatomy.
To efficiently use this explosion in data and knowledge requires advanced algorithms made to automatically do the analysis that doctors and radiographers normally would perform.
This is the fascinating world of Medical Image Analysis. A field in rapid development, constantly developing smarter algorithms and more precise methods for analysis of medical images to aid us in our fight against diseases from WITHIN! This course is your chance to try your hand this exciting topic, learn why this is the future and how to be a part of it!
In this course you will learn about Medical Image Analysis in the most beautiful settings Denmark has to offer. You will get a chance to meet the notorious vikings, now known for their almost unachievable levels of happiness. You will get to explore our country which is known for its beautiful cities, beautiful people and even more beautiful beer.
Apply now! Join us on an adventure of a lifetime in early July!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Mathematics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Multimedia and Communication Design , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Digital image and data structures, Medical modalities, Image file formats, Pixel transforms, Mathematical morphology, Image filtering, Labelling and object analysis
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give a general introduction to medical image analysis. After the course, the participants will have knowledge of the types of images used in the clinical practice and what possibilities one has with these images. Furthermore, the participants will be able to implement and use simple image analysis systems.
- Examination type:
- 1 hour written multiple choice examen
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Selection will be based on the motivational letter as well as the answers provided to the 3 questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- A cozy cabin!
- 3 meals a' day, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation, maybe bikes.