Space Story: to Patras and beyond
Have you ever wondered what's happening in Space?
Do you wanna spend some halara time in Patras?
Do you wanna taste Greek mavrodafni?
If at least one of the answers above is YES, then jump into your Spacecraft and get ready for the ultimate Space Race!!
The world is on the premise of a new series of Space Races, but this time with more participants! The new space frontiers are out there and are waiting for us to conquer them, be that with astronauts or robotic probes. While they get all the fame and the social recognition, let us focus on the work of the thousands of engineers and scientists that design and manufacture the extremely complex space structures that enable mankind to reach out for the stars.The science and technology used in the realization of a space mission, no matter how large or small, has a common basis and philosophy. In this course, we shall explore the basics of the space environment, the space missions, industry, systems and structures, as well as the basics of astrodynamics & spaceflight.
We invite YOU to Patras, to feel the halara spirit and taste some tzatziki by the seaside.
You shouldn't miss this opportunity to visit Patras, which combines beautiful beaches, ancient Greek culture and of course.. the BEST parties!
Patras is waiting for you...
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Introductory speech in Space and the Space Industry Course in Astrodynamics Space Systems & the CubeSat Microsatellite system CubeSat Subsystems Structural & Thermal CubeSat Subsystems ADCS (Control) CubeSat Subsystems COMM (Telecommunications) CubeSat Subsystems Power Assembly Integration & Testing Speech on Space Industry and future of Spaceflight Weather Balloon flight exhibition Telecom Ground Station operation exhibition
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Introduction to the basics of the space environment, the space missions and structures, as well as the basics of astrodynamics & spaceflight and developing the most important subsystems of a satellite through a microsatellite a CubeSat!
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the topic, Motivational Letter, Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's Dormitories
- University's restaurant, restaurants in the city and homecooked by organizers (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Bus, taxi, organisers' cars