Once Upon a Grape in Cheesemir
Do you like eating as much as Turkish people do? Did you ever wonder what is fermentation or fermented foods? Do you want to learn what kind of miracle kefir is and actually taste it? Have you ever wondered about bacteria with interesting names? Or do you want to learn how beer and wine are produced and processed? And most important, are you ready to make this autumn, the best autumn of your life???
If your answers are yes,we suggest you not to make any plans for autumn’17. Because you are invited to our magnificent Izmir! Besides all above, you will learn our culture and meet amazing Turkish people.
Fermented foods have been in existence for thousands of years, but only recently we are rediscovering these food and drinks in Western culture. Fermentation is still widely found across many cultures in the world, also used in a wide selection of food and drinks from Turkey.
In this course, you will learn what is fermentation and how to produce fermented foods and also have a chance to participate in a company visit. You will even find little tips for making your own homemade beer. Think about how cool your own beer would be among your friends!
So don’t hesitate! Just apply, the PEARL OF AEGEAN is waiting for you!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this course, you will learn principles of fermentation, how to make your own homemade beer, what fermentated foods are and their properties.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of this course is to provide fermented foods and basic engineering knowledge to students and give the developments in food industry/fermentation technology.
- Examination type:
- Presentation or written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter and Answer the Questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University Dormitory
- Three meals per day, at least one cooked and hot.
- By foot+Public Transportation